The goal of the Jobos Bay National Estuarine Research Reserve Stewardship Program is encourage the protection, restoration and enhancement of the Reserve habitats to encompass research, education and coastal training program priorities.
Stewardship activities will address:
- Anthropogenic impacts from watershed in its strategies to protect and restore the ecosystems within the reserve boundaries.
- Promote land conservation.
- Conduct clean-ups, reforestation and recycling programs.
- Assist with waterfowl nesting enhancement programs.
- Perform efforts of coastal erosion control.
Strategies will include:
- Strengthening and modifying Reserve boundaries.
- Protect critical lands, restoring and enhancing habitats, revising public access strategies.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of contingency plans.
- Enhancing the law enforcement.
- Improving of Reserve resources from activities outside its boundaries will involve mapping and modeling watershed processes.
- Engaging stakeholders in watershed planning using the best available science, mapping and planning tools.
- Control and avoid encroachments within the Reserve boundaries
For more information about the Jobos Bay National Research Reserve StewardshipProgram, contact Mr. Milton Muñoz Hincapie at 787-853-4617 or firstname.lastname@example.org.